The staff of Communities In Schools of Wilkes County has been happy to see the culmination of our 13th Annual Stuff the Bus campaign this year! This outreach effort sees its peak as school counselors and staff come to collect donated supplies for distribution among area learners.
- Will these supplies cost anything?No. Supplies are collected through in-kind and monetary donations throughout the summer months. Communities In Schools provides these items to area primary and secondary schools to be distributed to students entirely free of charge.
- Who qualifies for these items?
Currently, there are no income requirements necessary to receive free supplies in association with the Stuff the Bus program. All students who do not have the supplies necessary for academic success are welcome to see their school counselors for assistance in procuring these items.
- How do I / How does my student receive free supplies?
Contact the school counselor at any of our public area elementary or secondary schools, including Wilkes Early College. Counselors picked up supplies Thursday, August 21, 2014 — and will have items available for pickup should your student have need.
- Are any of these resources available at local colleges?
Currently, Communities In Schools does not provide any supplies to area colleges, though items are available through Wilkes Early College.
- Where do I sign up to receive these items?
There are no forms required to receive access to these resources. Simply talk to the school administration at your respective school sites — they will be happy to help!
- Where can I pick up these resources? / Can I pick up these resources directly from your office?
Unfortunately, Communities In Schools does not have the space or manpower necessary to undertake the distribution of our materials on site. As such, items will be distributed to school employees prior to the start of the school year. To collect, please address inquiries to your respective school administration.
For additional questions or more information, you are welcome to email us at email@example.com, or contact us by phone at 651-7830.